I forgot my password

Top posting users this week

Gem-Knight Deck Help?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gem-Knight Deck Help?

Post by ILIEKCHEESESTEAK on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:35 pm

If this is the wrong place to post this, feel free to tell me where it belongs for next time and move this topic.  I didn't see any section that I thought deck advice would really belong in, so I just posted it in the dorm.
Maybe it belongs in the classroom?

MONSTERS:
2x Gem-Knight Lapis - Needed to normally Fusion Summon Gem-Knight Lady Lapis Lazuli, has no other real use.
3x Gem-Knight Garnet - Needed to summon Gem-Knight Ruby or Gem-Knight Citrine.  Also is a 1900 "beatstick", if 1900 can be considered a beatstick anymore.
3x Gem-Knight Amber - Used for summoning Gem-Knight Prismaura.  Can summon twice to send a Gem-Knight to the grave to grab a banished one, but that effect can never really be used effectively.
3x Gem-Knight Obsidian - Makes Gem-Knight Fusion a lot more usuable by resummoning a level 4 or lower Gem-Knight if used for a fusion from the hand.  This can lead to a monster to tribute for Lady Dia, XYZ fodder, or just another monster to swarm with.
3x Gem-Knight Lazuli - When sent to the grave by card effects (such as Fusion cards) it can recover a normal Gem-Knight from the grave to the hand to use in another fusion or to normal summon as a tribute for Lady Dia.
2x Summoner Monk - Would run 3.  Allows XYZ access and allows me to discard Cursed Bamboo Swords.  I can also discard a Gem-Knight Fusion and add it to my hand again.
2x Gem-Knight Sardonyx - Used as  Fusion Summon fodder, has no real use on its own.

Spells
3x each Gem-Knight Fusion and Brilliant Fusion - I really hope these don't need an explanation.  If you don't get it feel free to ask, I guess...
1x Raigeki - Gem-Knights can actually swarm well and a good chunk of the fusions have high attack, so field clearing can lead to massive damage for my opponent.
1x Soul Charge - Opens up tons of combos and can easily set up a good field.
1x Burial from the Different Dimension - Sends cards banished for Gem-Knight Fusion back to my graveyard to use again.
3x Cursed/Golden Bamboo Swords and 1x Broken Bamboo Sword - A draw engine that replaces cards discarded for Summoner Monk or Brilliant Fusion.
3x MST - Open the Floodgates!

Traps
3x Call of the Haunted - Revives Lady Dia, Gem-Knight Ruby, or Master Dia among other things.

Extra
3x Gem-Knight Lady Brilliant Diamond - The deck's main playmaker, can tribute any Gem-Knight to summon another Fusion.  Can lead to a Master Dia, damage with Lapis Lazuli, etc.
2x Gem-Knight Lady Lapis Lazuli - Dumps a Gem-Knight from the Extra or Main deck to inflict 500 damage to your opponent per special summoned monster on the field, so usually inflicts 1000 damage at the absolute least.  Can set up the grave for other cards, especially by dumping Gem-Knights so that Master Dia can copy their effects and become a hugely powerful beatstick with effects such as piercing or Battle Phase effect immunity.
2x Gem-Knight Prismaura - Dump any Gem-Knight card from the hand to destroy a card your opponent controls.  Dump Obsidian or Lazuli to special summon a monster from the grave or add a monster from the grave to the hand, or discard Gem-Knight Fusion to pop a card, then use Fusion's effect to return it to hand to pop a second card.
1x Gem-Knight Ruby - Easily gains massive attack and is also a piercer.
1x Gem-Knight Citrine - Mostly to give the effect of ignoring Battle Phase traps to Master Dia, but can also run over smaller threats with good effects.
1x Gem-Knight Master Dia - Easily summonable via Lady Dia or Brilliant Fusion, is a huge beatstick (above 3000 ATK nearly all the time) and can copy the effects of Gem-Knights in the graveyard to abuse by making itself nearly unstoppable/gaining piercing/etc.
2x Daigusto Emeral - To cycle used Gem-Knight Fusions into the Extra Deck so that they can be easily summoned again.  
1x Casteel
1x each Utopia and Utopia the Lightning
ILIEKCHEESESTEAK
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gem-Knight Deck Help?

Post by Hagane Miku on Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:23 pm

Your Deck looks good to me, but you should probably try to make room for cards like Mind Crush and Mistake. Not sure what you'd take out though.

Chat Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ILIEKCHEESESTEAK on Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:06 pm

@Hagane Miku wrote:Your Deck looks good to me, but you should probably try to make room for cards like Mind Crush and Mistake. Not sure what you'd take out though.
Mistake doesn't really affect this deck, so I could definitely add copies. I probably can cut Sardonyx and Burial from the Different Dimension.
I would probably put cards like that in the side, but I forgot to make one for this deck. That can be fixed.
ILIEKCHEESESTEAK
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hagane Miku on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:04 pm

@ILIEKCHEESESTEAK wrote:
@Hagane Miku wrote:Your Deck looks good to me, but you should probably try to make room for cards like Mind Crush and Mistake. Not sure what you'd take out though.
Mistake doesn't really affect this deck, so I could definitely add copies.  I probably can cut Sardonyx and Burial from the Different Dimension.
I would probably put cards like that in the side, but I forgot to make one for this deck.  That can be fixed.

I'd say put anti-meta cards in side and decide from there, then update as you make your decisions. Mistake would be really useful for the reasons you stated, although I don't really know Gem-Knights so I can't help much with what to add and take out.

Chat Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayu~ on Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:56 am

I've seen people play with Seraph Gem Knights so it's just an idea, lol. Your deck looks pretty good to me as a standard pure build. But then again, everyone techs in Seraphs in everything now so... xD
Ayu~
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile http://roseoftheeclipse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum