Rose of the Eclipse Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this week
No user

[Suggestion] Purchasing A Staff Application Form in Shop

4 posters

Go down

[Suggestion] Purchasing A Staff Application Form in Shop Empty [Suggestion] Purchasing A Staff Application Form in Shop

Post by Ayu~ Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:51 am

As the title suggests, I would like to add this new item in the shop to promote more motivation and dedication to this community. The application itself will be a suggested cost of 800 Points. This means that a member has to contribute enough in the academy in order to begin requesting a staff position. Thoughts?
Ayu~
Ayu~
Administrator
Administrator

https://roseoftheeclipse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[Suggestion] Purchasing A Staff Application Form in Shop Empty Re: [Suggestion] Purchasing A Staff Application Form in Shop

Post by Hyper Sago Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:59 am

Well some users who are qualified for staff might not be able to contribute that much but they are active responsible etc etc. I personally don't like this idea unless say we have a separate topic for people to apply for staff and it have specific requirements. If we have a separate topic though this won't even be needed.
Hyper Sago
Hyper Sago
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

[Suggestion] Purchasing A Staff Application Form in Shop Empty Re: [Suggestion] Purchasing A Staff Application Form in Shop

Post by Ayu~ Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:02 am

Then what do you think of the idea that we can add a note next to the shop item with a list or a link to a list of specific requirements they must meet in order for their purchased and submitted application to successfully be considered?
Ayu~
Ayu~
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyper Sago Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:04 am

But then hiring staff will be more difficult because rather than just looking at their skill etc we would have to make sure they have the proper points and there might be a lot of people who qualify but have difficulty meeting that point objective.
Hyper Sago
Hyper Sago
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur, Ultimate Wingman Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:14 pm

Okay, let's look at your mindset here.

Pros:
Only active people will get staff
Less need to demote for inactivity

Cons:
Makes it impossible for someone with high merit but low DP to get staff.
Looks unfair to newer members.
Limits our ability to hire good staff.

Yeah, we don't want to show any kind of favoritism to a small group of longtime members, at least not when it comes to staff ranks. Plus, we're losing out on opportunities to get our newer members working for us, who are often ready, willing, and usually interested in helping the forum. And if they have talent, there's no reason why we should deny them the ability to have their application considered.

tl;dr: Your wingmeng doesn't approve
Arthur, Ultimate Wingman
Arthur, Ultimate Wingman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hagane Miku Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:36 am

An example of this would be to look at your current staff. Most of them haven't gotten to even that point to wear they could spend points on this. And then, Shitposters might get staff just because they have the points to do so. Or even winners of events who don't exactly have good staff capabilities but are staff because they had enough points to buy into it.
Hagane Miku
Hagane Miku
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayu~ Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:46 am

I can see where you're coming from, but keep in mind that it is just an application. Just because they fill it out and submitted it in, doesn't mean they will get approved. Members of the staff chat will come together and discuss the applicant's ability and determine whether or not if the applied staff position suits him or her. Spammers will be noted and punished accordingly, so there isn't a big chance for that. If a spammer purchases an app, we will know what he or she has been doing to get the points and we will definitely deny the application. Thus, he or she just wasted the points used to buy the app. As for newcomers who aren't familiar with the academy when they first come in, I don't think it's a good idea to consider them for staff even if they are diligent and talented for the position they are applying for. They need to familiarize themselves with the environment first.
Ayu~
Ayu~
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur, Ultimate Wingman Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:33 pm

Ayu~ wrote:I can see where you're coming from, but keep in mind that it is just an application.  Just because they fill it out and submitted it in, doesn't mean they will get approved.  Members of the staff chat will come together and discuss the applicant's ability and determine whether or not if the applied staff position suits him or her.  Spammers will be noted and punished accordingly, so there isn't a big chance for that.  If a spammer purchases an app, we will know what he or she has been doing to get the points and we will definitely deny the application.  Thus, he or she just wasted the points used to buy the app.  As for newcomers who aren't familiar with the academy when they first come in, I don't think it's a good idea to consider them for staff even if they are diligent and talented for the position they are applying for.  They need to familiarize themselves with the environment first.

Okay, just to humor you, what's the highest amount of DP you can currently earn just from activity, and how can you earn it?
Arthur, Ultimate Wingman
Arthur, Ultimate Wingman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayu~ Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:36 pm

You earn 3 per post and there are more and more incentives that I'm starting. The first one being the Invite More Members incentive which brings you 200 points per member.
Ayu~
Ayu~
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hagane Miku Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:08 pm

Being able to buy your way into power shouldn't be a thing to begin with.
Hagane Miku
Hagane Miku
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyper Sago Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:13 pm

Hagane Miku wrote:Being able to buy your way into power shouldn't be a thing to begin with.
Well I mean buying it doesn't guarantee you staff but tbh I don't agree with having to buy staff applications.
Hyper Sago
Hyper Sago
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayu~ Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:55 pm

Yes, just an app doesn't give you guarantee to a staff position.  I just thought it would be a good way to motivate people to look up to staff members and hope to achieve their positions through actual dedication.
Ayu~
Ayu~
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down